- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large butternut squash
- 3 large carrots ((dice in big chunks))
- 1 medium onion ((quarter the onion, big chunks))
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- pumpkin seeds or just plain seeds will work
- Preheat oven to 425º. Line a large roasting sheet with parchment paper. Place the butternut squash cut in half lengthwise (removing seeds), carrots, onion, and garlic on a roasting sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add to the top shelf of your oven.
- After 20 minutes of roasting, remove the onions and garlic. After 45 minutes, remove the squash and carrots. Make sure it is fork-tender and allow it to cool before scooping out the squash.
- Once cool, start scooping out the inside and transfer the squash and carrots to your blender with your onions and garlic. Add 2 cups of compliant chicken stock and 1/2 cup bone broth to the mix (If you don’t have bone broth, just use regular broth). Depending on desired consistency, add more broth for thinner soup and less for a thicker consistency.
- Add in your ghee and coconut milk and blend until all ingredients are smooth.
- Add more seasoning to taste and top with bacon, pumpkin seeds, and cilantro. Drizzle everything with fresh coconut milk to make the